Thursday, March 8, 2012

[Upcycle] Moss Vases

I love repurposing recyclable materials-- they're sturdy, usually come in nice, simple shapes and more importantly... they're FREE!   I've repurposed a few bottles for past projects, but I think that these moss vases are my favorite yet.  They're simple and, with the natural elements and texture, make an interesting focal point.



Click "Read more" for the full post

All you need for this project are some glass bottles or jars, sheet moss, glue (I used mod podge), and acrylic sealer.

The instructions are simple-- Cut out your sheet moss to fit the bottle and glue it on.  When the moss is secure, cover the exposed glass portion of the bottle and spray acrylic sealer on the moss to keep the shedding to a minimum. Let dry... That's it!


I like how they hold their own, even without the flowers (or gold birds).
Happy Creating!



sharing with...

Somewhat SimpleThe Shabby Nest
DIY projects and craftsTuesday To Do FEatured