Thursday, March 17, 2011

Birds of a Feather...

Flock Together
Here's the "flock of birds" that I hung in Happy Vee's Around-the-World themed room.

They're a mix of origami flapping birds (if you tug on the head & tail, the wings flap) and traditional origami cranes

For an eye catching 3-dimensional effect, I hung them away from the wall.

And in true DIY fashion, one of my cranes refused to fly upright.  I was going to correct it, but decided to leave it be.


It wasn't planned this way, but in lieu of the tragic events in Japan, I think it's fitting that Japanese Origami Cranes are bringing beautiful color and a dual meaning of hope and peace to this international room. 

I don't know about you, but I'm constantly thinking of the people of Japan who have been impacted by the earthquake, tsunami and now the precarious situation with the nuclear reactors.  In the next day or so, I'll be posting some of the fundraising events that are being organized by several well-known bloggers.

On a lighter note, the boys LOVE the origami birds.  Now they're requesting things like origami cars & trucks... So off I go to see if instructions for such things exist!

Hope you're having a nice weekend.




linked to:

Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up
    party!UndertheTableandDreamingTuesday To Do Party