Sunday, September 5, 2010

Painted Glass... Metallized and Fall Mantel



So when we last left off with the painted glass bottle, I wasn't 100% sure about the color of the spray painted upcycled bottle.  Nothing horrible, but the color didn't quite go with the Fall-themed decor that I sorta had planned in my head.

To recap, the bottle started off looking like this...

then after a little puffy paint...

and spray paint, ended up looking like this...

But after I pulled out the fall decorations, I found the bottle to be a bit too... nude to fit in with the rest of the fall stuff.  So it then got a rub-down with a bit of gold metallic paint mixed with burnt sienna and ended up like this...

I actually wanted a deeper color, but those are the paints that I had on hand that sorta/kinda fit the bill.  Call me lazy, but I'm not going to endure crazy JoAnns or Michaels for one bottle of paint!

Here's how the Fall Mantel is shaping up so far...
I'll probably add some pumpkins and gourds later in the season

˙·٠•●♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥●•٠·

Hope you're all enjoying the weekend (and Labor Day if you have it off).

We've been laying low (yay!) and enjoyed our Family Game Night by rocking out with Lego Rock Band
Happy Vee on vocals (yes, he likes to put goggles on when he performs)
Smarty Pants & The Mister on drums, and myself on guitar... it's quite a racket!

linked to: